Jim Beaver’s (Bobby) mother had been admitted to the hospital tonight for a possible stroke. Please reblog and share your thoughts and prayers with him and his family! Thank you!
Okay, you know what?
If you stopped watching a show a season or two back, don’t try to tell me I’m wrong about what happenedin the episodes that you have not seen.
I’ve been thinking about some of the great things that we have gotten from SPN recently and even more that are promised in season 10. To me, it seems like TPTB are listening to the fans (somewhat - they certainly can’t please everyone). Here is just a partial list of SPN positivity to keep us encouraged as we head into season 10.
1. SPN LADIES!!! We have had more interesting, autonomous ladies in S9 and more to come in S10. They aren’t just there as set decoration or one nighters for the Winchesters. They have their own ideas and agendas and I can’t wait to see more of them. We even had a few episodes in S9 that passed the Bechtel test (not enough, but it’s a step)
2. A musical(ish) episode that is being promoted as a love letter to the fans. How long have we been clamoring for a musical episode? I’m excited to see what they do with this.
3. More Sam and Dean back story - I don’t know about you, but I can never get enough of the episodes that give us a glimpse into the Winchester’s childhood. And Bad Boys was a beautiful tribute to Dean and his big heart and sacrifice he was willing to make for Sam.
4. Story arc for Dean - we asked for it and boy did we get it! Dean was central in season 9, carrying the entire story on his shoulders as Sam was, once again, not himself. Dean took on the Mark of Cain and the First Blade and killed the season’s big bad. And S10 is the season of the Deanmon.
5. More Castiel - Cas has his own story and is driving one of the more important story arcs of S9 & S10. He is a regular again along with Crowley and, with him depowered, they may be trying to address the issue of him being too powerful to be with the Winchesters too often.
6. Claire Novak - the SPN fandom has been intrigued by this girl and asking for more of her story for years. In S10 she is returning to (hopefully) answer our questions and become an interesting part of the story herself.
7. Jensen on Twitter - ‘nuff said
8. Destiel? OK, so this one is definitely up in the air, but S8 & S9 were so filled with romantic tropes and parallels, canon or not, they are sure giving us plenty of content to use for discussions, fanfics, art etc. We had the purgatory hug and “not leaving here without you.” We had Dean asking Cas to stay multiple times, even asking him out for beer and bacon happy hour. We had Cas’ mind control of killing Deans (no Sams, just Deans) and the “I need you” in the crypt. Season 9 gave us Metatron writing a story of love and… love matching Dean’s proclamation that he doesn’t do love and… love. Episode 9x06, Cas’ jilted lover act, and the infamous fanfiction gap, need I say more? Castiel being “in love… with humanity” and in the next episode giving up a whole army for one man. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Destiel has never looked so positive.
Haha you asked for it. Get ready to BOW DOWN! Because we have a gif for…
5-sock puppet/sock monkey (whatever you call them)
(aka Jensen Quackles)
or if I can’t use manips—
and a challenge one I doubt you will get (no just pasting it on there!)Britney Spears
Do you hear that? It is that Queen song playing in the background…
♫ “We are the champions, we are the champions…no time for losers…Cuz we are the champions…of the world…♫
(#2!) Also all that stuff about lighting is crazy good, and I was wondering how you’re able to analyze and process their meanings in regards to the scenes set designers (?) use them for. I think the whole bi thing is touched upon more blatantly in scenes with greater gravitas (i.e. the cut to Naomi’s office and the fact that one portion of her wall is pretty much a giant bi pride flag) where it matters. What of the subtler uses, even beyond pride colors as ; do they carry as much significance?
(#3; Sorry this is so long, I just wanted to add a tiny tidbit, as well) I guess this goes into colors as meaning, as well, what with the variation in Deans clothing and certain set pieces displaying certain sets of colors (blue/purple/pink). I think I lost where I was going with this, sorry if this makes no sense… either. Heh. I fell down the meta rabbit hole last night and I guess I’m still stuck. ;_;
Thanks, Nonny—and sorry it took me a while to get back to you!
Because of reasons, I’ll address parts two and three before circling back to part one… and I’ll do it under a cut because it got long. My bad.
If something is ‘old as fuck’ then it’s about 1.2 billion years old because that’s when life evolved sexual reproduction.
However, if something is “old as balls” it’s only about 65 million years old, when placental mammals began to evolve proper testicles.